Format: eLearning, Self-paced
The 5G wireless networks are being rolled out worldwide from October 2018 and at the moment major operators are testing the 5G Networks based on existing 3GPP standards.
5G represents a new generation of technologies that impact the core and radio access of the operator’s network; but also, a restructuring of the business models leading to many, previously economically inaccessible markets such as IoT on a much larger scale.
With the Introducing 5G Architecture eLearning course, the student will have the opportunity to gain a basic understanding of the network functionalities defined by the 3GPP for 5G Networks.
Introducing 5G Architecure
The Introducing 5G Architecture course introduces the structure and network functionalities defined by the 3GPP for the 5G networks. This course introduces also different technologies and concepts that are used in evolved networks such as Cloud-RAN and Mobile access Edge computing (MEC).
• Familiarize with the different architectures defined by the 3GPP for 5G networks
• Understand the different core network functionalities.
• Familiarize with the network virtualization concept.
• Familiarize with the Cloud-RAN concept.
• Understand the motivation of Network Slicing and its benefits.
• Familiarize with the Mobile Access Edge Computing (MEC) concept.
• This course is addressed to everyone interested to learn the basics of the 5G air Interface. Some basic knowledge of 5G networks is recommended.
• Introduction to 3GPP 5G Architecture
• Basics of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
• RAN Cloudification
• Network Slicing
• Multiple Access Edge Computing (MEC)
• HetNet in 5G
For information regarding registration, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org